33. Another Trudeau Liberal is guilty of breaking the rules
The ethics commissioner found top Trudeau minister Dominic LeBlanc guilty of breaking conflict of interest rules for awarding a lucrative Arctic surf clam licence to a family-linked company.
34. He offended China & Japan, twice
Amidst heightening diplomatic tensions, Trudeau confused Japan with China, insulting the visiting Japanese Prime Minister.
35. His 'hostility' and 'anger' lead a female MP to quit the Liberals
Justin Trudeau yelled at and berated then-Liberal MP Celina Caesar-Chavannes, all while touting his “feminist” principles. Celina later resigned as a Liberal over his hostility.
36. He gave a convicted terrorist $10.5 million in taxpayer funds
Trudeau turned a convicted terrorist into a multi-millionaire with a $10.5 million payout — with your taxpayer dollars.
37. He's driving up the cost of gas
Justin Trudeau’s Carbon Tax will drive up the price of gas by an extra 31 cents/litre.
38. He axed the Public Transit Tax Credit
Justin Trudeau cut the Public Transit Tax Credit in 2017, making life more expensive for 1.8 million Canadians.
39. His inaction and neglect makes starting a family in Canada even harder
Justin Trudeau’s failure to address housing concerns across Canada has made it harder for middle-class Canadians to comfortably start a family of their own.
40. He tried to tax employee benefits
It was only after Conservatives drew attention to their plan to tax employee benefits that the Liberals walked it back.Once again, Justin Trudeau said he would help the middle class, but clearly, he is not as advertised. (Oct. 2017)
41. He tried to tax health and dental benefits for Canadian workers
Trudeau will do anything to raise your taxes and line his government coffers.In July 2018, we learned he had a plan to tax your health and dental benefits. His new taxes would have hurt middle class Canadians. He said he would be different, clearly he is #NotAsAdvertised.
42. Under Trudeau, the middle class pays much more
Justin Trudeau said he would help the middle class. Instead, he raised taxes on more than 80% of middle-income families. Today, middle-class Canadians pay $800 more in taxes every year thanks to Trudeau.
43. Half of Canadians say they are $200 from insolvency at the end of each month
Life isn’t easy when Justin Trudeau raises taxes on the middle-class.Almost half of Canadians say that they’re $200 away from not being able to pay their bills at the end of the month. (Ipsos, Feb.2016)
44. Trudeau is failing Canada's peacekeeping efforts
Justin Trudeau said he would devote helicopters, aircraft, and hundreds of troops to peacekeeping. Instead, in Feb. 2018, it was reported the number of Canadians on UN missions reached a new low.
45. The Liberals sidelined the critical role of Canada's military
In June 2017, when the country was getting ready to celebrate Canada’s 150th, the Trudeau Liberals were widely criticized for sidelining the critical role of our military heroes.
46. Oops! They miss-Tweeted again!
Oops! In Nov. 2017, Environment Minister Catherine McKenna sent a Tweet praising Syria for joining the Paris Climate Accord – a couple days later, she blamed her staff for the post.
47. Liberal MP Iqra Khalid gave an award to an antisemite
In August 2018, Liberal MP Iqra Khalid had to apologize for giving award to an alleged antisemite. There is no place in our society for racist, antisemitic, or hateful behaviour.
48. His Liberal MP says gun owners are mentally ill
In June 2018, Liberal MP Robert Nault disrespected all Canadians – and our farmers, hunters and sport shooters especially – who legally own firearms, saying that there are "a lot of mental issues with people who have firearms."
49. He repeatedly shows weakness abroad
It took Trudeau two weeks to fire his Ambassador to China after he interfered in the case of Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou in January this year. Trudeau did nothing and allowed more and more damage to be done by his irresponsible Ambassador.
50. He uses the power of his office to silence his critics
Justin Trudeau kicked Liberal MP Wayne Long off two parliamentary committees for standing up for small businesses as Trudeau pushed ahead with changes that would hurt small business owners and their companies.
51. His Finance Minister, Bill Morneau, made insulting and sexist remarks to another MP
On March 26, 2019, Liberal Finance Minister Bill Morneau called Conservative Deputy Leader Lisa Raitt a “Neanderthal”. When it comes to feminism, Justin Trudeau and his cabinet are clearly #NotAsAdvertised.
52. He laughed at indigenous protestors
Talk about arrogant. At a Liberal fundraiser in March 2019, Justin Trudeau mocked protestors who called for their Prime Minister to pay attention to mercury poisoning in Grassy Narrows.
53. "...drink box water bottles sort of things" - Justin Trudeau
It’s Justin Trudeau’s world and we’re just living it. He has no problem telling Canadians how to live their lives – but he can do whatever he wants. In June 2019, when asked a simple question about how his family cuts back on plastics, he could barely find the words…
54. He threatened Andrew Scheer with a lawsuit for holding the government accountable
It’s been 150 days today since Justin Trudeau threatened Andrew Scheer with a lawsuit for telling the truth. Trudeau backed down when his bluff was called.
55. He allows a Member of Parliament accused of sexual harassment to remain in Liberal caucus
Once again, Trudeau fails to deal with allegations of sexual harassment and abuse within his Liberal party. Liberal MP Kent Hehr was accused of sexual assault and Justin Trudeau allowed him to stay in the Liberal caucus in June 2018.
56. He passes soft on crime bill
In late June, the Liberals passed a bill that reduced the sentences for gang activity, impaired driving causing bodily harm, and even using the date rape drug, to as little as a fine.
57. He put the privacy of Canadians in jeopardy
In November 2018, the Trudeau Liberals secretly forced banks and other financial institutions to release Canadians’ personal financial information without consent. Minister Bains ran Trudeau’s controversial data harvesting program at the expense of Canadians.
58. He authorized the dumping of waste water in our waterways
Justin Trudeau’s Liberals are failing to protect our waterways from pollution. In one of her first acts as Environment Minister in 2015, Catherine McKenna allowed the City of Montreal to dump 8 billion litres of raw sewage into the St. Lawrence River.
59. "Nothing is beneath him in throwing mud at Wilson-Raybould"
In March 2019 - after news of his SNC-Lavalin corruption scandal broke – Justin Trudeau fired a cheap shot, attempting to show that he long questioned Jody Wilson-Raybould’s judgement. His office tried to smear @Puglaas over her pick for a Supreme Court vacancy.
60. He tried to shut down opposition parties holding his government to account in Parliament
In May 2016, Justin Trudeau put forward a motion to shut down opposition parties that were working in Parliament to hold his government to account. Justin Trudeau promised to do politics differently, but clearly he is not as advertised.
61. He allowed dangerous criminals, including murderers, to go free
In June 2019, Canadians learned that dangerous criminals - including drug dealers and murderers - were allowed to walk away without charges because the Trudeau government did not appoint enough judges to fill vacancies.
62. He created a backlog of 11,745 asylum seekers without proper security screenings
In February 2019, we learned that there was a backlog of 11,745 asylum-seekers living in Canada without their proper security screenings - of whom many came across the border illegally.
63. He passed Bill C-69, the 'No More Pipelines' Bill
Justin Trudeau rammed through Bill C-69 – or the No More Pipelines Bill. 9 out of 10 Canadian provinces expressed concerns with this legislation which means that no more important resource projects will ever get completed.
64. He permanently shelved the Northern Gateway Pipeline
In 2016, Justin Trudeau personally gave the order to cancel the Northern Gateway pipeline.
This would've been a job-creating project which would have made gas more affordable for all Canadians.
This is all part of Justin Trudeau's plan to "phase out" our oil and gas sector.
65. He spent billions buying the TMX pipeline, with no plans to actually build it
Justin Trudeau recklessly spent $4.5 billion to purchase the TMX pipeline with no plan to get this critical project built.
The Trudeau Liberals still haven't built a single inch of this pipeline and they won’t.
66. He kicked Albertans while they were down
2017: Trudeau forgets Alberta in a Canada Day speech.
2010: he says “Canada isn’t doing well right now" because Albertans control our country.
2017: he says we need to "phase out" oil and gas jobs.
We need a PM that unifies our country, not pits region against region.
67. He moved a cold-blooded murderer to a healing lodge
Under Justin Trudeau and the Liberals’ watch, the murderer of eight-year old Tori Stafford was moved from behind bars to a healing lodge in fall 2018. One of Trudeau’s senior cabinet ministers even called the crimes of this cold-blooded killer “bad practices.”
68. Even the PEI Liberals asked Trudeau to stay away
Atlantic Canadians have been so let down by Justin Trudeau’s broken promises, scandals, poor judgement, and tax hikes, that the PEI Liberals asked him to stay away during the 2019 PEI provincial election.
69. He made up the word "Peoplekind"
One small step for people, one giant leap for peoplekind! In February 2018, Justin Trudeau lectured a young woman after she used the word “mankind”. According to Justin Trudeau, we have to call it “peoplekind” now.
70. He smears male construction workers as "dangerous"
The hard-working men & women in our construction industry build and shape our communities and are just trying to put food on the table for their families. They should be celebrated, but in December 2018 Justin Trudeau smeared them by suggesting male crews are dangerous.
71. He appointed a Liberal-friendly union to the $600 million media bailout panel
Justin Trudeau is stacking the deck in the Liberal Party's favour before the election. He appointed Unifor – a Liberal-friendly union - to a panel to distribute a $600 million media bailout. Unifor calls themselves the “resistance” and “Andrew Scheer’s worse nightmare.”
72. He gave 12 million taxpayer dollars to Loblaws to buy fridges
In April 2019, Justin Trudeau gave 12 million taxpayer dollars to Loblaws to buy fridges. Loblaws is one of Canada’s biggest companies. While you pay more for gas and groceries, he’s giving well-connected billionaires a hand-out.
73. His debt will consume public services like education and healthcare
As a result of Justin Trudeau's out-of-control spending and endless deficits, the federal debt is set to hit $1 Trillion in 2035. Today's debt and deficits mean higher taxes and threaten the social programs we all depend on.
74. He is running massive, endless deficits that will force him to raise taxes even higher
Justin Trudeau's endless deficits mean higher taxes and threaten the social programs your family relies on.
Who can forget when he promised to balance the budget by 2019, or when he said he'd only run tiny, short-term deficits?
75. He hiked taxes on low-income families
Justin Trudeau hiked taxes on families and eliminated important tax credits. When he was asked why, he said low-income families "don't pay taxes."
Trudeau doesn't understand the struggles families face to make ends meet. He’s let you down before, don’t let him do it again.
76. He said he wanted to work with ISIS fighters returning to Canada
In a year-end interview in 2017, Justin Trudeau said he wanted to work with ISIS fighters returning to Canada because they have “powerful voices.” Conservatives understand fighting for a terrorist organization is a crime. Period.
77. He refused to support our allies in the global fight against terrorism and ISIS
One of the first things Justin Trudeau did was pull our country out of the fight against ISIS terrorists in Syria and Iraq, leaving our allies to fight alone. Justin Trudeau put Canada on the sidelines in the global fight against terror.
78. He's disrespecting our military veterans
After wasting millions on scandal & self-promotion, in February 2018 Justin Trudeau told a Canadian war hero that veterans are asking for more than the govt. can afford. He broke a promise that the Liberals would care for our veterans.
79. He's failing our Royal Canadian Air Force heroes
In 2018, the Auditor General exposed massive flaws in the Trudeau’s government’s plan to purchase an “interim aircraft” that would not meet the demand of our Royal Canadian Air Force.
80. He failed to equip our military heroes
In June 2018, the Trudeau government asked soldiers to return sleeping bags and rucksacks due to a ‘shortfall of equipment’. MP James Bezan said it best, “If the Liberals can’t get sleeping bags right, how are we (going to) expect them to deliver fighter jets and new ships?”
81. He billed Canadians $8.1 million for a skating rink
In the Winter of 2016, Justin Trudeau spent $8.1 million to put a skating rink on Parliament Hill. The Trudeau government put the rink next to the world’s largest skating rink (the Canal) AND they wouldn’t even let Canadians play hockey on it! Talk about a waste.
82. He billed Canadians $1.1 million to build his Minister a new office
In December 2016, one of Trudeau’s Ministers approved $1.1 million to build herself a new office. This is more than double the price tag of renovating her old office, and the expense was even fast-tracked.
83. He billed Canadians $10,000 for baseball tickets
Take me out to the ball game! The Trudeau government spent thousands of dollars in 2017 on Blue Jays tickets for their well-connected friends.
84. He billed Canadians $835,000 for an office renovation
Who needs that much stuff? In June 2016, the Trudeau government admitted to spending more than $835,000 on furniture and renovations for the office of Infrastructure Minister Amarjeet Sohi and his deputy minister.
85. He billed Canadians $200,000 for his top staff's moving expenses
In September 2016, it was revealed Justin Trudeau’s top staffers billed Canadian taxpayers a $200,000 bill to move from Toronto to Ottawa.
86. His tweet is costing taxpayers $1.1 Billion
Since Trudeau’s #WelcomeToCanada tweet in 2017, more than 40,000 people have crossed our border illegally. By this year, illegal border crossers will cost taxpayers $1.1 billion while forcing law-abiding immigrants and refugees to wait longer for Canada’s help.
87. He's building roads, bridges, and highways in Asia, while ignoring Canada
In 2017, Trudeau handed $250M to the Chinese-owned Asian Infrastructure Bank to build roads, bridges, and pipelines halfway around the world. He hasn’t pulled the funding even after Beijing blocked Canadian imports and detained our citizens.
88. He got pushed around by Donald Trump during NAFTA negotiations
Trudeau promised a better NAFTA deal for Canadians, but last summer he ended up backing down to Donald Trump on auto jobs, prescription drugs, Buy America, steel and aluminum tariffs and future trade deals with other countries.
89. Spent $38 million taking our veterans to court
Over the last four years, the Trudeau government has spent more than $38 million fighting veterans in court. When he was asked why, he said our Canadian heroes were asking for more than he could give.
90. He tried to impose his preferred voting system
After becoming PM, Justin Trudeau tried to rig the electoral system so it would be easier for Liberals to win. Canadians saw right through his scheme and forced him to break his self-serving promise.
91. His vanity cut-outs cost Canadians $1,900
Well that was a waste of money! The Trudeau government spent $1900 to print cardboard cut-outs of Justin Trudeau. They even put them on display in Canadian missions abroad – but their use was quickly banned and the cut-outs were sent to storage.
92. He recklessly spends taxpayer dollars on himself
Wouldn’t that be nice? Justin Trudeau spent $10,000 on a screened-in patio, $5,000 on a golf cart, and $8,500 on boat racks to upgrade his summer home. That’s tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars for his fun in the sun.
93. He pledged millions of dollars so that he could shine in the American spotlight
Justin Trudeau is more interested in being loved by Hollywood celebrities than standing up for Canadian families. He once tweeted out a $50 million donation just to impress TV personality Trevor Noah. Canada’s Conservatives are focused on doing what’s right by taxpayers.
94. Defence minister exaggerates his service and tries to reinvent military history with false claims
Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan falsely claimed he was the commander of a major land battle to root out the Taliban in Afghanistan. Harjit Sajjan called himself the “Architect of Operation Medusa”. He later had to apologize for his false claim.
95. No support for Canada's canola producers
As a result of Justin Trudeau’s weak leadership, the Chinese Government has shut out Canadian canola from their market. But, Justin Trudeau has just sat on his hands while our farmers and farm families suffer.
96. Failed to stand up for our farmers
After backing down to Donald Trump on virtually everything during NAFTA negotiations, Trudeau promised Canadians farmers they'd be compensated for his giveaways. Almost a year later, our farmers are still waiting.
97. Told an audience that Canada was only 100 years old
As if Justin Trudeau's trip to India in 2018 wasn't enough of a disaster with the wardrobe gaffes and terrorist travel companions, Trudeau told an audience that Canada was only 100 years old. Only missed it by 50 years.
98. Cost taxpayers over $100,000 to run the Health Minister’s Twitter account
In 2018, Justin Trudeau's Health Minister billed taxpayers more than $100,000 in salaries to bureaucrats to run her Twitter account and then had the nerve to call it a "low-cost option" after she was caught.
99. Scrapped tax credits for families
Right after becoming PM, Justin Trudeau reached into your pocket and scrapped tax credits for families to keep their kids healthy and physically active. Trudeau doesn't need help paying for soccer or dance lessons. He thinks you don't either.
100. Hiked taxes on small business owners to 73%
In 2017, Trudeau hiked taxes on small business owners to 73% - and called them tax cheats to boot.