62. He created a backlog of 11,745 asylum seekers without proper security screenings
In February, 2019, we learned that there was a backlog of 11,745 asylum-seekers living in Canada without their proper security screenings - many came across the border illegally.
63. He passed Bill C-69, the 'No More Pipelines' Bill
Justin Trudeau rammed through Bill C-69 – or the No More Pipelines Bill. 9 out of 10 Canadian provinces expressed concerns with this legislation which means that no more important resource projects will ever get completed.
64. He permanently shelved the Northern Gateway Pipeline
In 2016, Justin Trudeau personally gave the order to cancel the Northern Gateway pipeline.
This would've been a job-creating project which would have made gas more affordable for all Canadians.
This is all part of Justin Trudeau's plan to "phase out" our oil and gas sector.
65. He spent billions buying the TMX pipeline, with no plans to actually build it
Justin Trudeau recklessly spent $4.5 billion to purchase the TMX pipeline with no plan to get this critical project built.
The Trudeau Liberals still haven't built a single inch of this pipeline and they won’t.
66. He kicked Albertans while they were down
2017: Trudeau forgets Alberta in a Canada Day speech.
2010: he says “Canada isn’t doing well right now" because Albertans control our country.
2017: he says we need to "phase out" oil and gas jobs.
We need a PM that unifies our country, not pits region against region.
67. He moved a cold-blooded murderer to a healing lodge
Under Justin Trudeau and the Liberals’ watch, the murderer of eight-year old Tori Stafford was moved from behind bars to a healing lodge in fall 2018. One of Trudeau’s senior cabinet ministers even called the crimes of this cold-blooded killer “bad practices.”
68. Even the PEI Liberals asked Trudeau to stay away
Atlantic Canadians have been so let down by Justin Trudeau’s broken promises, scandals, poor judgement, and tax hikes, that the PEI Liberals asked him to stay away during the 2019 PEI provincial election.
69. He made up the word "Peoplekind"
One small step for people, one giant leap for peoplekind! In February 2018, Justin Trudeau lectured a young woman after she used the word “mankind.” According to Justin Trudeau, we have to call it “peoplekind” now.
70. He smears male construction workers as "dangerous"
The hard-working men & women in our construction industry build and shape our communities and are just trying to put food on the table for their families. They should be celebrated, but in December 2018 Justin Trudeau smeared them by suggesting male crews are dangerous.
71. He appointed a Liberal-friendly union to the $600 million media bailout panel
Justin Trudeau is stacking the deck in the Liberal Party's favour before the election. He appointed Unifor – a Liberal-friendly union - to a panel to distribute a $600 million media bailout. Unifor calls themselves the “resistance” and “Andrew Scheer’s worse nightmare.”
72. He gave 12 million taxpayer dollars to Loblaws to buy fridges
In April 2019, Justin Trudeau gave 12 million taxpayer dollars to Loblaws to buy fridges. Loblaws is one of Canada’s biggest companies. While you pay more for gas and groceries, he’s giving well-connected billionaires a hand-out.
73. His debt will consumer public services like education and healthcare
As a result of Justin Trudeau's out-of-control spending and endless deficits, the federal debt is set to hit $1 Trillion in 2035. Today's debt and deficits mean higher taxes and threaten the social programs we all depend on.
74. He is running massive, endless deficits that will force him to raise taxes even higher
Justin Trudeau's endless deficits mean higher taxes and threaten the social programs your family relies on.
Who can forget when he promised to balance the budget by 2019, or when he said he'd only run tiny, short-term deficits?
75. He hiked taxes on low-income families
Justin Trudeau hiked taxes on families and eliminated important tax credits. When he was asked why, he said low-income families "don't pay taxes."
Trudeau doesn't understand the struggles families face to make ends meet. He’s let you down before, don’t let him do it again.
76. He said he wanted to work with ISIS fighters returning to Canada
In a year-end interview in 2017, Justin Trudeau said he wanted to work with ISIS fighters returning to Canada because they have “powerful voices.” Conservatives understand fighting for a terrorist organization is a crime. Period.
77. He refused to support our allies in the global fight against terrorism and ISIS
One of the first things Justin Trudeau did was pull our country out of the fight against ISIS terrorists in Syria and Iraq, leaving our allies to fight alone. Justin Trudeau put Canada on the sidelines in the global fight against terror.
78. He's disrespecting our military veterans
After wasting millions on scandal & self-promotion, in February 2018 Justin Trudeau told a Canadian war hero that veterans are asking for more than the govt. can afford. He broke a promise that the Liberals would care for our veterans.
79. He's failing our Royal Canadian Air Force heroes
In 2018, the Auditor General exposed massive flaws in the Trudeau’s government’s plan to purchase an “interim aircraft” that would not meet the demand of our Royal Canadian Air Force.
80. He failed to equip our military heroes
In June 2018, the Trudeau government asked soldiers to return sleeping bags and rucksacks due to a ‘shortfall of equipment’. MP James Bezan said it best, “If the Liberals can’t get sleeping bags right, how are we (going to) expect them to deliver fighter jets and new ships?”
81. He billed Canadians $8.1 million for a skating rink
In the Winter of 2016, Justin Trudeau spent $8.1 million to put a skating rink on Parliament Hill. The Trudeau government put the rink next to the world’s largest skating rink (the Canal) AND they wouldn’t even let Canadians play hockey on it! Talk about a waste.
82. He billed Canadians $1.1 million to build his Minister a new office
In December 2016, one of Trudeau’s Ministers approved $1.1 million to build herself a new office. This is more than double the price tag of renovating her old office, and the expense was even fast-tracked.
83. He billed Canadians $10,000 for baseball tickets
Take me out to the ball game! The Trudeau government spent thousands of dollars in 2017 on Blue Jays tickets for their well-connected friends.
84. He billed Canadians $835,000 for an office renovation
Who needs that much stuff? In June 2016, the Trudeau government admitted to spending more than $835,000 on furniture and renovations for the office of Infrastructure Minister Amarjeet Sohi and his deputy minister.
85. He billed Canadians $200,000 for his top staff's moving expenses
In September 2016, it was revealed Justin Trudeau’s top staffers billed Canadian taxpayers a $200,000 bill to move from Toronto to Ottawa.
86. His tweet is costing taxpayers $1.1 Billion
Since Trudeau’s #WelcomeToCanada tweet in 2017, more than 40,000 people have crossed our border illegally. By this year, illegal border crossers will cost taxpayers $1.1 billion while forcing law-abiding immigrants and refugees to wait longer for Canada’s help.
87. He's building roads, bridges, and highways in Asia, while ignoring Canada
In 2017, Trudeau handed $250M to the Chinese-owned Asian Infrastructure Bank to build roads, bridges, and pipelines halfway around the world. He hasn’t pulled the funding even after Beijing blocked Canadian imports and detained our citizens.
88. He got pushed around by Donald Trump during NAFTA negotiations
Trudeau promised a better NAFTA deal for Canadians, but last summer he ended up backing down to Donald Trump on auto jobs, prescription drugs, Buy America, steel and aluminum tariffs and future trade deals with other countries.
89. Spent $38 million taking our veterans to court
Over the last four years, the Trudeau government has spent more than $38 million fighting veterans in court. When he was asked why, he said our Canadian heroes were asking for more than he could give.
90. He tried to impose his preferred voting system
After becoming PM, Justin Trudeau tried to rig the electoral system so it would be easier for Liberals to win. Canadians saw right through his scheme and forced him to break his self-serving promise.
91. His vanity cut-outs cost Canadians $1,900
Well that was a waste of money! The Trudeau government spent $1900 to print cardboard cut-outs of Justin Trudeau. They even put them on display in Canadian missions abroad – but their use was quickly banned and the cut-outs were sent to storage.
92. He recklessly spends taxpayer dollars on himself
Wouldn’t that be nice? Justin Trudeau spent $10,000 on a screened-in patio, $5,000 on a golf cart, and $8,500 on boat racks to upgrade his summer home. That’s tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars for his fun in the sun.
93. He pledged millions of dollars so that he could shine in the American spotlight
Justin Trudeau is more interested in being loved by Hollywood celebrities than standing up for Canadian families. He once tweeted out a $50 million donation just to impress TV personality Trevor Noah. Canada’s Conservatives are focused on doing what’s right by taxpayers.
94. Defence minister exaggerates his service and tries to reinvent military history with false claims
Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan falsely claimed he was the commander of a major land battle to root out the Taliban in Afghanistan. Harjit Sajjan called himself the “Architect of Operation Medusa”. He later had to apologize for his false claim.
95. No support for Canada's canola producers
As a result of Justin Trudeau’s weak leadership, the Chinese Government has shut out Canadian canola from their market. But, Justin Trudeau has just sat on his hands while our farmers and farm families suffer.
96. Failed to stand up for our farmers
After backing down to Donald Trump on virtually everything during NAFTA negotiations, Trudeau promised Canadians farmers they'd be compensated for his giveaways. Almost a year later, our farmers are still waiting.
97. Told an audience that Canada was only 100 years old
As if Justin Trudeau's trip to India in 2018 wasn't enough of a disaster with the wardrobe gaffes and terrorist travel companions, Trudeau told an audience that Canada was only 100 years old. Only missed it by 50 years.
98. Cost taxpayers over $100,000 to run the Health Minister’s Twitter account
In 2018, Justin Trudeau's Health Minister billed taxpayers more than $100,000 in salaries to bureaucrats to run her Twitter account and then had the nerve to call it a "low-cost option" after she was caught.
99. Scrapped tax credits for families
Right after becoming PM, Justin Trudeau reached into your pocket and scrapped tax credits for families to keep their kids healthy and physically active. Trudeau doesn't need help paying for soccer or dance lessons. He thinks you don't either.
100. Hiked taxes on small business owners to 73%
In 2017, Trudeau hiked taxes on small business owners to 73% - and called them tax cheats to boot.